Fitbit Charge 3
Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker. Note that there are other ways you can calculate your calorie expenditure too. One example is simply to wear a good fitness tracker that includes a heart rate monitor. Some good examples include the Fitbit Charge 3, the Charge HR, the Microsoft Band 2 or Garmin Vivoactive HR. If you’re reading this a few years in the future, then probably there are better models out there by now.
Either way, a fitness tracker works by using an optical sensor on the wrist to measure your heart rate throughout the day. The best models will take regular readings and combine this, with the information you entered about yourself and movement data picked up from a pedometer, gyroscope and accelerometer. When all this information is collated, you can then be given a rough calorie burn estimate for any given day.
The other great thing is that you can sync this with My Fitness Pal, which is a smartphone app and website where you can log everything you eat. This lets you see your total calories in and out and will adjust the number whenever you go on a long walk, do a workout or perhaps have a day where you move very little.
And by comparing these two numbers you can make sure you stay in that surplus. If it’s 11 pm and you’ve been too active and haven’t eaten much, you know you need to get busy and down some bulking powder!
Fitbit Charge 3 Fitness Activity Tracker
- Better measure calorie burn, understand resting heart rate & more with 24/7 heart rate tracking and a battery life of up to 7 days (varies with use and other factors)
- Choose from 15+ exercise modes like run, bike, swim, yoga, circuit training and more, set a goal, and get real-time stats during your workouts to see how you can keep getting better
- Automatically record time spent in Light, Deep and REM sleep stages and see activity trends, health insights and personalized guidance in one place with Fitbit Today
- Swim proof and water resistant to 50M so you can track swims and wear in the shower. Also connect to smartphone GPS for real-time pace and distance during outdoor runs and rides
- Stay connected to your day with everyday apps for weather and more and get call, text and smartphone app notifications on your wrist